It is a two-component, low VOC, low odor, thin-set epoxy resin binder. Vibrant epoxy matrix colors can be combined in varying percentages with fine and or coarse mineral aggregates (marble or granite), colored or recycled glass, mirror particles, plastic chips and noncorrosive metal fragments to produce limitless custom design options. It is an extremely durable seamless finish that has excellent resistance to abrasion and common chemicals.
It is the ideal choice to provide extreme durability and ease of maintenance in heavy traffic commercial and institutional areas such as hospitals, pharmaceutical research centers, and schools, banks, building lobbies, shopping centers, grocery stores, airport terminals, train stations, convention centers and casinos.
General Requirements: Surfaces must be dry, clean, sound and frost-free, with contaminants detrimental to bond removed.
Concrete: The concrete surface must be dry, clean and sound. Remove any dust, laitance, oil, dirt, curing agent, impregnation’s, wax, foreign matter, coatings and disintegrated material from the surface by any appropriate mechanical means.
- Minimum/Maximum substrate temperature: 15 °C / 30 °C (60 °F / 85 °F).
- High temperature and high humidity will reduce pot life and accelerate curing.
- Maximum ambient relative humidity: 85 %.
- Do not apply to concrete if measured air or substrate temperature is within 3 °C (5 °F) of surface temperature calculated dew point (substrate temperature can be lower that the ambient temperature). This will reduce the risk of condensation, which can lead to adhesion failure or blushing of the floor finish.
- Substrate Moisture Content: Moisture content of concrete substrate must not exceed 4 % by mass.
- If moisture content of concrete substrate is 4 – 6 % by mass (pbw – part by weight) , use appropriate moisture tolerant primer.
- Just prior to application, confirm substrate moisture content, ambient relative humidity, and dew point. During installation, confirm above values at least twice every six (6) hours.
- Do not apply to porous surfaces where significant moisture vapor transmission (out-gassing) will occur during application.
- Do not apply to polymer modified cement mortars (PCC) that may expand when sealed with an impervious resin.